Help for Buyers
Help for Sellers
Help for Assessors & Agents
Help with My Account
Claims & Complaints
Muscle Score (Cattle)
Muscle score is based on what they are at assessment, NOT what their potential is.
Muscling is assessed into five scores: A (very heavy) to E (light).
Fatness does not influence muscle score.
Thickness & shape of the muscles in relation to frame size. Observe cattle from behind, through the stifle area.
- Very Heavy (A) - Top European breed, mainly bulls
- Heavy (B) - Top British breed and Tropical crosses, average European cross
- Medium (C) - Average British and Tropical breeds, poor European crosses
- Moderate (D) - Lower end of British and Tropical breeds
- Light (E)- Dairy breeds and crosses