A max bid is placed prior to an auction commencing. A max bid allows you to set a maximum price on any lot(s), and the computer will then bid on your behalf up to the price you have nominated.
The advantage of a max bid is that is set prior to auction, and you do not have to connect to the auction for it to take effect.
A max bid will only work if it is above the starting price set for the lot.
AuctionsPlus highly recommend that you watch the Auction to ensure your bids are on the correct increment, and that you are not outbid by another bidder.
An max-bid does not guarantee you will be the successful bidder at your set price.
To place a max bid;
- Log in to AuctionsPlus
- Search or open the Catalogue of the Auction you are interested in participating.
- Browse the catalogue and ensure you read the full lot details before placing a bid.
- Go to the top of the catalogue (above the lots available) and click on "Add Max Bids"
- This will open a new tab, find the lot you are interested in and type in your max or limit price in the box shown below. The total amount based on the number of head available will display to the right.
- Click save changes to confirm the bid price.